Garmin GPS 1490LMT

Garmin 1490 LMT GPS



Garmin 1490 LMT GPS
LMT stands for:   
-Lifetime maps and traffic updates as long as you own the unit.

Lane assist:
-When there are many lanes to choose from in major cities, on the top left corner of the GPS, it will show you directional arrows that represents the lanes and the white arrow is the lane you should be on.

Text to speech or turn by turn directions:
-This is a voice that will say street and direction name in real-time, guiding you while driving.
-You can disable this option if you want.

Traffic alert:
-Where available it will provide you with real-time road updates.  Highlighting construction zones, slow moving roadways and traffic accidents and will suggest alternate routes around the affected areas.
With the LMT model you have a free life time Map and traffic updates as long as you own the unit.

Junction view:
-In major cities, where available, it will shows you a realistic images of the upcoming junctions.

-5" LCD touch screen colour display:  480 x 272 pixels
-Sleek ultra-thin design
-Bluetooth
-Multi point routing with route planner
-Trip computer records kilometre, maximum speed, total time and more
-MicroSD memory card expansion slot
-ecoRoute feature calculates a more fuel-efficient route
-6 million points of interest
-"Where am I ?" feature:  Find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates
-Built-in lithium-ion battery with up to 4 hours battery life

Dimension:  13.7 W x 8.6 H x 1.6 D cm
Weight:  221 g

This GPS has life time map and traffic updates.
In august, I updated the map before going to Niagara Falls.

Pros:  
  • I love the 5 in touch screen display
  •  Touch the screen and find "Hospital, Police, Gas station" near by
  • The junction view is terrific
  • 6 million points of interest
  • Bright display
  • Loud volume
Cons:

  • I must say that this GPS miss to name some streets.
  • In Toronto traffics it kept telling me to take exit.
  • I got so confused that I took my older Nuvi 350.   

Example:  
-Nuvi 350 told me to drive 12.5 km and take the exit.
-The newer Nuvi 1490, like I said before, kept telling me to take exits.

Example no 2:  
-While my older Nuvi 350 makes me drive for 25 km before changing lanes, the 1490 kept telling me to change lanes every 2 km.

I like The Nuvi 1490 LMT and I hope that an update will correct this.

For the GPS Holder on the photo, click here

You are welcome to come back for more gadgets:  http://www.gadgetalkabout.blogspot.com

Thank you!